Type: Technical task
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: Public (Everyone)
There are a few situations where secondary contact folders were already synchronized as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_USER_CONTACT to Outlook:
- No KOE was installed: FolderSync will have sent the folder as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_USER_CONTACT
- a KOE version that doesn't support secondary contact sync (basically anything older than 1.3) will have got the folder as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_USER_CONTACT already
- Z-Push was not yet aware that a capable version of KOE was installed when the FolderSync was triggered by OL and so it sent the folder as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_USER_CONTACT (e.g. timing issue on new profiles)
In all these cases, this could be fixed by running a hierarchy resync via the webservices so these folders are then patched sent correctly.
It's still difficult for KOE to identify these situations and trigger this.
Z-Push could control this on the server side, e.g. by:
On a FolderSync:
- check if KOE version is capable of secondary contact folders (need
- check if in the hierarchy cache is a folder of type SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_USER_CONTACT that was not synchronized as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_UNKNOWN
This should be the case for all above cases. In this case, Z-Push could resend (with an update?) the folder (attach U+200B to name & type as SYNC_FOLDER_TYPE_UNKNOWN).
First step is to verify if the folder goes through to mapi in OL for such an update event.
Alternatively a delete & add events could be generated (not preferred!).