An Asus android device decided to do a Provisioning request randomly.
This triggers a series of events as follows:
- triggers a Provisioning request
- a new key is deployed
- In the following request the device syncs the hierarchy and the new key is correctly validated. There are no changes, fd is not updated.
- Several Sync requests happen, but no changes are found. Folderdata is not updated.
- device does a Ping request:
- Ping itself the device does not send a provisioning key as in the standard sync requests.
- To still be able to detect changes, we take the so called reference policy key from the metadata of each folder and consider the last one.
- The keys mismatch (old reference policy key mismatches new key)
- Ping returns status 7 to force a FolderSync
A solution should be to force the update of the folderdata in case the provisioning keys of the metadata doesn't match the one sent from the device.